It is understandable for a startup international courier service to be looking for ways to save while marketing their business. Not all startups have big investment money thus a free marketing strategy is a welcome opportunity. Here are some free marketing strategies you can apply for your courier business.
- Networking is on top of the list. This is used not only by courier companies but by various businesses in different industries. This is accomplished by meeting people in social functions and even in simple gatherings. When you meet notable people, introduce your business and the services you offer. Make sure that you are professionally dressed and carry an approachable demeanor. This way, anyone will be more likely to listen to what you have to say. Meet people in various businesses that you know needs the service of a courier and do not hesitate to meet other couriers in the process. If you are in good terms with a competition, they might be able to send business your way if they are unavailable or is already fully booked.
- Create a press release that will highlight what your business is all about. If you don’t know how to make one, find tutorials and tips online. After writing, forward the press release to your local publishers and you might encourage them to feature your business in a future article.
- You don’t have to pay every time you want to market your services online. There is a long list of free websites which you can use in order to do this. Make sure to prioritize the most popular once such as Craigslist because of the higher traffic on the site.
- Create your own website or blog. This can be accomplished within a few minutes and you have option to use a free website. Make sure that it looks professional and contains all the important information.
- Lastly, word of mouth is the best way to get new customers. Make sure to encourage your previous customers to recommend your international courier business to other people by offering incentives such as a coupon or a free delivery service for every person they refer.